Browse the collection of software patches and code made in various other programs created for demonstrations, past projects, and pieces. Click on a title to be taken to a repository that contains all required software materials and instructions on how to run and use it. Use the contact page if you have any issues or need further instructions for operation, or if you would like to see a particular program or algorithm written for this list.
- PnP.Maxtools – A package for real-time Music information Retrieval and music composition in Max. Read more about the project here.
- Max Lessons (Max at LSU) – A 13 week course covering everything in Max from data types and program flow to advanced algorithmic composition and video manipulation.
- Markov Chain – A 2nd order markov model built in Max that generates melodies from MIDI files.
- Risset Rhythm – A Max program that demonstrates the famous endlessly increasing or decreasing musical tempo pioneered by Jean-Claude Risset.
- Phase Cancellation – A Max program that demonstrates constructive and deconstructive interference.
- Karplus-Strong – A Max program that demonstrates the famous Karplus-Strong plucked string algorithm.
- Heterodyning – A Max program that demonstrates the famous heterodyning technique.
- Algorithmic Composition Template – A Max program that generates and improvises rhythms.
- The Freesound Player – The Freesound Player program written in Max and Node.js using the Freesound API.
- SNAFU – The Max/MSP program written for SNAFU.
- The Algo-Rhythm – A Max/MSP program used to randomly generate improvising drum grooves and melodies.
- Gibbs Phenomenon – A Python script that demonstrates synthesizing a square wave from multiple sine waves and the famous Gibbs Phenomenon.
- Convolution – A Python script that demonstrates the convolution of .wav files. The code contains close, middle, and far impulse response files and sample audio files.
- Concatenation – A Python script that demonstrates concatenating 2-D arrays and rendering those to stereo .wav files simultaneously.
- Conway’s Game of Life – A Python script that generates Conway’s GOL using custom rule sets. The script also writes the game outcome to a MIDI file to be imported into a DAW.
- Daily Meditations – An interactive piece commissioned by the LSU Museum of Art. This is a website with an embedded Twitch stream that asks users a series of prompts and displays the responses in real-time.
- Collabscape.io – The open source code for the collabscape.io net art installation.
Interested in learning more? Get in touch >>